If income was $54,000 or less.
January thru April.....call 712-2060 for dates/times
In Niagara Falls at Family & Children's Services of Niagara
In Lockport at Christ Community Church
Niagara's WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you find your next great position!
If you feel you have a pretty good start on your job search but just need access to the tools...
At each of our two One Stop career center locations you will find on–site resource rooms open Monday – Friday equipped with computers (w/Internet access as well as resume/cover letter templates and other tools) phones, fax machines, & copiers so you can hit the ground running. Or maybe you would like some assistance in preparing as effective and quick a job-search as possible? If so, we are here to help!
- Opportunities to meet directly with Businesses through events like weekly Business Recruitments, Open Recruitment sessions, and even Job Fairs
- On-the-Job Training incentives which reimburse your new employer up to 75% of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap
- The area's Hottest Jobs updated frequently throughout the week right here on this website's HotJobs page!
- Regular informative Workshops delivered by Center employment professionals as well as Hiring Managers from local companies - Upcoming Workshops
- A weekly networking group called POD (Professional Opportunity Developers) for mid-to-upper management level individuals seeking re-employment
- Resume preparation assistance and review services
- Computer and Internet access with Assistive Technologies available including; headphones, adaptive computer (screen magnification, Read & Write Gold, JAWS, Dragon Naturally Speaking) high contrast keyboard with larger print characters, slimblade trackball, scanner and desktop microphone
- Career Counseling for those struggling with their job search, or thinking of changing careers but not really sure where to begin
- Access to current job openings
- Men’s & Women's Clothes Closet for interview preparation and career wear
- Message Service for those who may not have a reliable phone service for employment-related contacts from businesses
To Register with your local One Stop Center and begin receiving alerts to jobs that match your skill sets and objective:
Please print and complete these two Career Center Registration forms and bring them to your local Center any time Monday - Friday between 8:30am and 4:15pm to become a member of the Center and learn how we can best assist you with your local employment goals;
Equal Opportunity is the Law (this form is for you to keep)
Resume Services (Niagara Falls Center)
Don't have a Resume or have a very old version?
- Flyer with general information
- For an Appointment: call 278-8108 to schedule
- Drop-in: Friday 9am – 3:30pm
- For this service you MUST either bring with you a previous resume version or a completed Resume Worksheet
- Call 278-8243 for an appointment with Mike to have your Resume reviewed and get some ideas on how to increase it's effectiveness.
FREE Basic Computer Classes!
Offered through the Niagara Falls Public Library - see their Fall schedule!
Lockport Computer Classes offered at the Lockport Town Hall, sponsored by the Lockport Public Library, NIOGA Library System, and the Town of Lockport. Call (716) 433-5935, ext: 3 for future class dates/times. (Class space is limited)
September 14th - TBD
How do we help our customers prepare to succeed at a Job Fair?
Watch "Let's Talk About It!" OSC-21 TV show with host Ron Cunningham - taped on 3/21/17
One-Stop Services Overview
Filmed for local access channel OSC-TV 21): View the March 5th Community Conversations TV appearance to learn about the Career Fair, On-the-Job Training, Summer Youth Program, and more! Here's the link: http://osc21.pegcentral.com/player.php?video=95d51abf9dcdd9502a098e254c888785
View our recent TV appearance on OSC-TV 21 here: http://osc21.pegcentral.com/flash/media_player_798b.swf?server=xi-rtmp.pegcentral.com&account=osc21&videoFilename=Conversations9-23.mp4&pointer=0&startState=pause
Individuals with barriers are encouraged to take advantage of our programs & services
Niagara County Employment and Training and Niagara County’s WorkSourceOne One-Stop Center are equal opportunity agencies/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.