Job ID: NY1216143
Title: Medicaid Service Coordinator - ILNC
Company: WNY Independent Living, Inc.
Wages: Starting pay not specified.
Contact Name: Milsted, Meghan
Mail Resumes to:
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214-1384
Niagara Falls. WNY Independent Living Inc. Medicaid Service Coordinator - INLC. FT. M-F. 37.5 Hours/week. Benefits.
TITLE: Medicaid Service Coordinator-ILNC
DESCRIPTION: Coordinate independent living skills evaluations and training for persons with disabilities. Assist in the personal adjustment of an individual's disability and maximize community participation. Provide services to adults and children diagnosed with a developmental disability. Activities fall into three general categories:
1) individualized service planning
3) maintaining records.
Responsibilities include required home visits with consumers.
1. Coordinate and conduct independent living evaluations for people with disabilities.
2. Inform individuals about various programs that are available to them and assist them in securing and/or maintaining benefits such as vocational rehabilitation, social services, Medicare, etc.
3. Coordinate and/or perform independent living skills counseling and training
4. Provide peer counseling to persons with disabilities and family members for the purpose of identifying life goals, objectives and values utilizing personal and/or professional background.
5. Advocate, at the request of the consumer, in crisis situations between consumer and service programs.
6. Coordinate and conduct home and building architectural barrier consultation utilizing federal and state guidelines on disabilities.
7. Identify to consumer, housing options to enable the consumer to compare a variety of living arrangements and provide other necessary assistance to aid individuals in securing suitable living arrangements.
8. Recognize and address health and safety issues.
9. Facilitate Individual Service Plan meetings, other meetings as needed.
10. Communicate (verbally and in writing) with individuals, families, advocates and providers.
11. Maintain knowledge about services and supports (both traditional OMRDD funded and community based resources).
12. Maintain an up-to-date Individual Service Plan/life plan for the person.
13. Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
14. Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of ILNC.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Educational Level: Associate's Degree in a health or human services field, or an RN. A candidate for a Bachelor's Degree may meet this requirement by providing a letter from their college verifying that the candidate has completed course work equivalent to an Associate's Degree both in total number of credits received and number of credits earned in a health or human service field. Must have OPWDD Core Service Coordination Training Certification OR must be enrolled to complete this training within six months of date of hire.
Minimum Experiential Level: One-year experience working with people with a developmental disability, or one-year experience as a service coordinator with any population. (The minimum experiential level requirement does not have to be met if the person has a master's degree in a health or human services field.) Niagara County residents encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
CLOSING DATE: June 27, 2017
AND COVER LETTER TO:
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214