Job ID: NY1252275
Title: Cage Cashiers
Company: Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Wages: $10.40 Hourly
Mail Resumes to:
Niagara Falls. Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino. CAGE CASHIERS. FT. Schedule varies (M-Sun).
Recruiters will be at SENATOR TIM KENNEDY'S QUEEN CITY JOB FAIR at Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, 153 Franklin St, Buffalo on Thursday April 19, from 11am to 3pm.
The Cage Cashier is responsible for providing monetary services for casino guests, including, but not limited to: exchanging casino chips, coins and tickets for cash; processing advances drawn from credit and debit cards; cashing and depositing checks; establishing and processing transactions for patron deposit accounts, processing transactions for patron casino credit accounts; exchanging currency, foreign and domestic; and making change. The Cage Cashier is also responsible for providing monetary services for other casino departments and employees thereof. Additionally, the Cage Cashier is responsible for all duties of a Main Banker, Chip Banker, and Marker Banker, as well as for maintaining and supporting various remote kiosks, which service casino guests and other casino departments.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
2. High school diploma required.
3. One (1) year of cashier or money handling experience.
4. Customer service experience required.
5. Clerical/data entry experience is preferred.
6. Basic knowledge of start-up and close-down of cash registers preferred.
7. Knowledge/operational skills of coin counter, coin wrapping machine and currency counters preferred.
8. Must be able to operate office equipment, including a 10-key adding machine, personal computer, and photocopier.
9. Effective math skills are required; applicants must be able to pass an SGC-administered math skills test.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
3. Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
4. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted. Continuously carry up to twenty-four (25) pounds, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Occasionally push carts weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
TO APPLY: Meet recruiter at Senator Kennedy's Queen City Job Fair and/
OR apply online at: http://www.senecagamingcorporation.com