Job ID: NY1260331
Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: McGard, LLC
Wages: Starting pay not specified
Contact Name: Human, Resources
Mail Resumes to:
3875 California Rd
Orchard Park, NY 14127-4198
Orchard Park. McGard. Electrical Controls Engineer. FT. M-F. 6:30am - 3:30pm. Benefits.
McGard is a well-established WNY company and a world leader in high quality specialized mechanical security devices. Our proprietary products are manufactured at our Orchard Park, NY facility. McGard offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, life insurance, paid personal days, vacations, holidays, quarterly profit sharing, a 401(k) plan, plus more!
Relocation assistance available.
To learn more about McGard, visit our website at www.mcgard.com.
Are you someone who is passionate about managing activities relating to planning, purchase, and installation of manufacturing equipment including follow-up maintenance and support?
If the answer is YES, this may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
Our Electrical Controls Engineer must possess the following qualities: customer-focused, ability to multitask, problem solver, above-average computer skills, exceptional organizational skills, an eye for detail, safety conscious, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team environment. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
* Design controls and equipment. Program PLC controls, HMI systems and SQL for proper function. Develop databases as required for proper data storage.
* Designs and develops electrical and electronic drawings (AutoCAD) for equipment and facilities. Follow standard drawing and electrical practices.
* Perform the necessary calculations to assure electrical safety in equipment design.
* Assist the Plant Engineer with keeping building and equipment drawings current and accurate.
* Develop Operation Manuals and systems documentation for equipment as necessary.
* Assist in resolving problems, delays and difficulties; notifies the Plant Engineer or Manufacturing Engineering Manager of problems.
* Assist and direct outside contractors as needed.
* Supports and provides technical assistance to Manufacturing, and Building and Equipment Maintenance and reviews and recommends safety equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection. As needed, be an active safety committee member.
* Two (2) year, preferred four (4) year degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience with three to five (3-5) years' experience in a manufacturing or plant setting. High electrical aptitude.
* Proficient in MS Office as well as Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Automation Software.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and orally & give adequate and competent direction.
* Ensure work is completed according to assigned schedule.
* Be proactive in continuous improvement.
* Ability to interact and work well with a diverse workforce across all levels of the organization.
* Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Apply online at www.mcgard.com/jobs
You may also send resumes to:
3875 California Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Walk in applicants welcome between 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
or Call 716-662-8980 and ask for Ext. 2222