Job ID: NY1281966
Title: Resident Care Worker
Company: Pinnacle Community Services
Wages: Starting pay not specified.
Mail Resumes to:
Niagara Falls. Pinnacle Community Services. Resident Care Worker - Casey House. PT. 2nd/3rd Shift as scheduled.
**NYSDOL Mini Job Fair Career Event*Meet with a recruiter at a Mini Job Fair Career Event Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:00am-1:00pm, at Packard Court Community Center, 4200 Pine Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14301.
Dress for Success!
Prepare to be Interviewed on the spot!
Bring resumes, License/Credential if applicable and 2 forms of ID.
Packard Court Community on Bus routes 52 and 55.
For information call Fran McMahon, 716-349-1682 or Eric Solli, 716-349-1687
TO APPLY: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Associates Degree in Human Services preferred. High School diploma (or GED).
* Position requires flexibility in scheduling with availability to support a 24/7 environment including holidays, weekends and overnights
* Must possess valid NYS Driver license
* Ability to use Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), Internet/Intranet, web based databases.
* Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for runaway and homeless youth in residence
* Answers incoming telephone calls from the public, assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action in a polite and welcoming manner
* Conducts intakes and ensures that all admission procedures are completed in a thorough and legible manner
* Maintains confidentiality of all client information, identity, and documentation
* Introduces and orients youth to all residential procedures including HIV/AIDS precautions, child abuse recourse, fire safety, resident guidelines and other assigned tasks
* Sustains punctuality and consistency in reporting for scheduled work shifts
* Provides shift coverage if requested across all Runaway Homeless Youth (RHY) programs at the discretion of management
* Maintains awareness of the whereabouts and safety of all youth in residence at Casey House at all times
* Supervises and conducts recreational activities for youth in residence
* Refers youth to case manager for any life planning/emotional issues
* Performs the completion of staff chores and housekeeping duties as required/assigned in a thorough and efficient manner
* Completes the Daily Log Notes accurately
* Reports significant youth behavioral concerns to supervisor or other appropriate staff
* Completes nightly documentation of youth behaviors in individual case files, including any calls made or received significant to youth's case
* Monitors and supervises daily chores, meal prep and cleanup; assures appliances are used in a safe manner by anyone in the residence
* Provides timely reporting of all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect to immediate supervisor
* Completes incident reports as needed using employee manual guidelines
* Participates actively in ongoing professional development
* Attends monthly Casey House staff meetings
* Handles transportation duties on occasion, as directed by Supervisor
* Meets and participates on a regular, planned basis with the Youth Services Coordinator for supervision
* Occasional lifting (15 pounds or less)
* Occasional standing/sitting
* Moderate stress
* Occasional transportation of clients using agency vehicle
* Complies with all policies and procedures of PCS (including NASW Code of Ethics, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and corporate Compliance Policies) and all governmental and legal requirements.
* Subject to clearance of the Justice Center Requirements: Staff Exclusions List (SEL), NYS State Central Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR), and Criminal Background (fingerprinting)
* Must receive annual physical and provide documentation to management
* Advocates for cultural diversity/sensitivity as appropriate
To apply, forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com