Job ID: NY1281975
Title: Care Manager
Company: Pinnacle Community Services
Wages: Starting pay not specified.
Mail Resumes to:
Niagara Falls. PINNACLE COMMUNITY SERVICES. HEALTH HOME PLUS CARE MANAGER. FT. M-F. 1st Shift.
**NYSDOL Mini Job Fair Career Event*Meet with a recruiter at a Mini Job Fair Career Event Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:00am-1:00pm, at Packard Court Community Center, 4200 Pine Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14301.
Dress for Success!
Prepare to be Interviewed on the spot!
Bring resumes, License/Credential if applicable and 2 forms of ID.
Packard Court Community on Bus routes 52 and 55.
For information call Fran McMahon, 716-349-1682 or Eric Solli, 716-349-1687
TO APPLY: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Bachelor's Social Work (or related field) required
* Specialized training and experience with SPMI or mentally disabled population
* Experience with linkage and coordination of community and emergency services
* Experience in substance abuse treatment valued
* Valid NYS Driver License and use of personal vehicle during work hours
* Ability to use Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.),
Internet/Intranet, web based databases.
* Provide direct Care Management Services to Health Home + and AOT court ordered consumers. Assess and facilitate appropriate level of service based on program requirements and consumer status. Ensure mandated services are provided in line with all directives (which may specify number of core services provided including face to face meetings)
* Maintains consistent and on-going contact with consumers and families while fulfilling unit of service expectations and working on their treatment plan goals
* Conduct initial intake interview and needs assessment to determine treatment goals for Care Management Services
* Timely completion of all required documentation including initial Plan of Care and regular updates on services provided. Must conform to DOH policies and procedures regarding documentation
* Prepares professionally accurate and updated case documentation in accordance with regulatory, Agency, Department of Health and Health Home requirements
* Prepare statistical, administrative and required reports on a timely basis
* Provides regular, supportive client contact; emotional support; daily living counseling; legal
advocacy; financial counseling; representation regarding rights and entitlements; education,
medical check-ups and prevention practices
* Facilitates linkage to appropriate services; coordination of hospitalization admission and
discharge; mental health education to clients, families, and community partners
* Provide mental health education to clients, families, and community organizations
* Establish working relationships with referral sources and other related service agencies including
attending discharge meeting from the Niagara and/or Erie County Jail, local
hospitals, attend Niagara County Adult at Risk meetings, any meeting related to an AOT
* Reviews current practices to advocate for change when needed, particularly those needed by
families and minority populations
* Teams with billing staff to ensure client active Medicaid status and accurate, complete client
* Meets with Program Supervision on a regular, planned basis
* Complies with all policies and procedures of FACS and all governmental and legal
* Attends and participates in appropriate agency staff trainings and meetings and program
* Advocates for cultural diversity/sensitivity as appropriate
* Reports all suspected incidences of child abuse/neglect to NYS Hotline with supervisory approval
* Effectively communicate with consumers, community partners and agency staff including
* Clearance of the NYS Justice Center Requirements: Staff Exclusion List (SEL), NYS Central
Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR) and Criminal Background Check
To apply, forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com