Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you re-train for new opportunities!
Are you considering developing a new skill or being re-trained?
If so, Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has several partner agencies who may be able to assist, depending on your individual needs and circumstances.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) incentives reimburse your new employer
of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap!
- You are trained by your new employer right on the work site, based on a training plan developed with the employer before you start the new job.
- The employer is reimbursed at the end of the training period for the training they provided according to your plan.
- You are their employee from day 1 and the expectation is that through the new skills you develop during your OJT training period, you will remain a valuable employee long after the OJT period ends.
To find out how you can use On-the-Job Training (OJT) as a tool to help you land your next job, complete this OJT Information Form and return it to our OJT Specialist along with a copy of your current resume;
** Niagara County Employment and Training is currently accepting applications for Tuition assistance for Vocational/Skills training! **
For additional information:
To begin the process, click for a fillable form application
or call 278-8179 to request an application
Applications can also be picked up at both the Niagara Falls and Lockport One Stop Centers
Those individuals who qualify and are approved receive:
- Vocational/skills training at a NYS approved training institution
- Financial assistance for costs associated with the training (Programs must be able to be completed in one year or less)
- Job placement assistance upon graduation
Preference will be given to Niagara County residents
Metrix On-Line Learning
Free on-line training is available through the Metrix E-Learning System. Metrix is a flexible, easy-to-use online workforce training tool. Choose from over 5,000 courses and assessments to increase job qualifications and to assess proficiencies in content areas.
Metrix can be accessed from any computer with Internet access and from any location at any time 24/7. A ninety day license is available after a scheduled orientation.
- Must be a registered customer at a local one-stop center
- If you are working, you must be earning below $29.99 per hour
- A valid email address
- Intermediate computer skills
- Access to High-Speed Internet
- Job goal or identified skills(s) to upgrade or acquire
- Motivation and the ability to work independently
To Get Enrolled:
To browse the FULL Metrix Course Catalog, go to the link above and enter a course name (ex: A+) in the Keyword box (second box in the top left in the long blue shaded area)
(Please use METRIX as the subject line of your E-Mail)
4. An orientation appointment will be e-mailed to you.
5. Bring the completed Metrix Pre-Registration Form to the orientation
Orientations will be held at the:
Trott ACCESS Center
1001 Eleventh Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14301
At the orientation, a license, Username and Password will be assigned to you.
Assist you in identifying your existing skills and learning how they transfer to new industries and opportunities through:
- Career interest, values, and abilities testing
- Skill, interest, aptitude and literacy testing
- One-on-One appointments with a Career Counselor available by appointment
Niagara County Comunity College offering NO Cost and $5 Computer courses!!!!
- NCCC is offering Computer Classes for Spring 2014.
- NCCC is also offering Hospitality training at the new Niagara Falls Culinary Arts Center - click HERE for more information!
All of these services are provided to you at no cost!