Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you re-train for new opportunities!
Are you considering developing a new skill or being re-trained?
If so, Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has several partner agencies who may be able to assist, depending on your individual needs and circumstances.
Are you seeking a job that requires new skills?
Click HERE to learn more about On-the-Job Training (OJT).
OJT incentives reimburse your new employer
of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap!
- You are trained by your new employer right on the work site, based on a training plan developed with the employer before you start the new job.
- The employer is reimbursed at the end of the training period for the training they provided according to your plan.
- You are their employee from day 1 and the expectation is that through the new skills you develop during your OJT training period, you will remain a valuable employee long after the OJT period ends.
To find out how you can use On-the-Job Training to help you land your next job, complete this OJT Information Form and submit the form, with a copy of your resume, to:
** Niagara County Employment and Training is currently accepting applications for Tuition assistance for Vocational/Skills training! **
For additional information:
2016 Niagara County Employment & Training's Approved Training Providers & Courses based on demand occupations determined by the Workforce Development Board
To begin the process, click for a downloadable form application
or call 278-8179 to request an application
Applications can also be picked up at both the Niagara Falls and Lockport One Stop Centers
Those individuals who qualify and are approved receive:
- Vocational/skills training at a NYS approved training institution Click HERE for current approved Training Provider list
- Financial assistance for costs associated with the training (Programs must be able to be completed in one year or less)
- Job placement assistance upon graduation
Preference will be given to Niagara County residents
Assist you in identifying your existing skills and learning how they transfer to new industries and opportunities through:
- Career interest, values, and abilities testing
- Skill, interest, aptitude and literacy testing
- One-on-One appointments with a Career Counselor available by appointment
All of these services are provided to you at no cost!