Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you re-train for new opportunities!
Are you considering developing a new skill or being re-trained?
If so, Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has several partner agencies who may be able to assist, depending on your individual needs and circumstances.
Are you seeking a job that requires new skills?
Learn more about On-the-Job Training (OJT)
OJT incentives reimburse your new employer up to 75%! of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap!
- You are trained by your new employer right on the work site, based on a training plan developed with the employer before you start the new job.
- The employer is reimbursed at the end of the training period for the training they provided according to your plan.
- You are their employee from day 1 and the expectation is that through the new skills you develop during your OJT training period, you will remain a valuable employee long after the OJT period ends.
If you have a target job in mind, please feel free to call or email Mike Kearney about On-the-Job Training:
Ph: (716) 278-8213 | Fax: 278-8587
Email: Mike Kearney
Are you thinking of attending classroom training? If you're interested in short-term/vocational training in a demand occupation, or are about to start your last year of a degree program, you may qualify for up to $4,000 in tuition assistance! Funding is through a federal WIOA grant, does not need to be repaid, and is similar to a scholarship.
Over 50 Niagara County students received tuition assistance in the past year!
How to Apply:
1. Be sure your course is listed on the 2018 Niagara County Approved Training Providers & Courses . Careers listed on the Demand Occupations approved by the Workforce Development Board may be able to be added by your school/training provider for future sponsorship.
2. Fill out and submit the Application or call Dawn Cody at 716-278-8182 to request an application. Applications can also be picked up in person at both the Niagara Falls and Lockport One Stop Career Centers.
3. Questions? Please call Dawn Cody at 716-278-8182 or email Dawn.Cody@niagaracounty.com .
4. Applicants must meet program qualifications. Preference will be given to Niagara County residents.
Those individuals who qualify and are approved receive:
- Vocational/skills training at a NYS approved training institution
- Financial assistance for costs associated with the training
- Job placement assistance upon graduation
Take advantage of this funding opportunity to help you pay for your training.
Assist you in identifying your existing skills and learning how they transfer to new industries and opportunities through:
- Employment and case management services, skills assessment, career counseling.
All of these services are provided to you at no cost!